MEET THE TEAM
If you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s important to seek the legal representation of a personal injury lawyer to protect your interests. As specialists in personal injury law, we have helped thousands of injured clients receive the financial compensation they deserve.
Vladimir Zhivov, Managing Counsel
Mark MacDonald, Associate Counsel
Sona Kaebery, Associate Counsel
Frequently asked questions:
After determining that you have a valid claim, we will meet with you personally. If you’ve been hospitalized as a result of your injuries, we will come to the hospital to talk with you. We’ll then work directly with the insurance companies involved to advocate on your behalf and negotiate a settlement for you. In the vast majority of cases, clients aren’t required to go to court.
We work to ensure successful outcomes for all our injury cases. Whether the case is very serious, such as a brain or spinal cord injury, or it’s a minor “capped” claim, Zhivov Law will help you.
We take a personal, down-to-earth approach with clients. We’re happy to answer all of your questions and we’re available when you need us.
Finally, we get paid when you get paid. That means there is no fee until your claim is settled.
To establish an accident injury claim, the following conditions must be met:
1. You’ve suffered a physical, mental or emotional injury.
2. The injury was caused by the fault or negligence of someone else, be it a person, company, municipality, etc.
3. The injury inflicted must have monetary value. You are entitled to damages for pain and suffering, lost wages or loss of housekeeping capacity, out-of-pocket expenses including medical costs, the cost of any future care, the loss of income earning ability in future, etc.
1. Seek medical attention as soon as possible, be it at a hospital or walk-in clinic, or with your family physician or chiropractor.
2. Photograph the accident scene, your vehicle and any apparent physical injuries, such as bruises or burns.
3. At the scene of the accident, obtain the other party’s contact and insurance information – licence plate, driver’s licence number, insurance company and insurance policy number. If there are any witnesses, it is essential to collect their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
4. Keep track of your injuries and all expenses related to the accident. Note the dates of doctor visits, keep a “pain diary” and retain all receipts for expenses related to your injuries.
5. If you are contacted by the other party’s insurance adjuster, do not discuss your injuries with him/her or sign any documents for him/her. The adjuster will record everything you say and will try to use it against you. Remember, the adjuster’s job is not to help you, but to ensure that you receive as little compensation as possible.
6. Contact a personal injury lawyer such as Vladimir Zhivov by phone or e-mail, or by completing our online claim form.
Request a call back